- Spend some time looking at old photos – What better way to celebrate your mother than to look back at the times when she did so much for you. Break out the family photo albums and look through some pictures together. You can reminisce on your childhood and use this time to thank her for everything she did for you as a child. You can even turn this activity into a gift by creating a photo book or scrapbook for her or working on it together.
- Make her your childhood favorite food – Turn the tables and serve her your childhood favorite food. This gesture will be especially sentimental, as she will fondly remember serving this same food to you. Show your gratitude by making her feel pampered the same way she used to care for you.
- Give her a homemade gift – Every mother remembers receiving those homemade presents from her children, everything from small pieces of art to pasta necklaces. Use DIY tutorials to show your mother how much your crafting skills have improved! Homemade gifts are much more meaningful.
- Do some kid projects together – Another great way to reminisce with your mom is to do some of those kid art projects that you love. If you have children of your own, this is a perfectly fun way to bond together as a family. Recreate your mother’s favorite art project that you did as a kid and hang them up side by side. Old hand prints or hand turkeys make great side by sides.
- Give a great gift – Give a personal gift. We have plenty of great ideas for you, even if you aren’t a DIY kind of person. If you mother loves to garden, you can put together a gardening gift basket for her to use this spring and summer. Buy her a copy of the book that you asked her to read to you most as a child and write a little note inside about how much you appreciate her. Get creative!
Do you ever feel like Mother’s Day is always the same old routine? Buy flowers, say thank you, maybe go out for lunch or dinner…this year we have come up with several ideas to break out of the monotony and really show your mother that you care about her. Trying something new will not only make your mother happy but it will also make the day more enjoyable for you!